Our Georgia History
 

Eight parishes established
March 15, 1758 8 parishes are created in Georgia, mostly for military and religious purposes
  Eight parishes established
  Burke County, Georgia
  Chatham County, Georgia
  Effingham County, Georgia
  Liberty County, Georgia
  Richmond County, Georgia


As the crown slowly changed Georgia from trustee rule it divided the land into eight parishes:

St. George (Burke County)
St. Phillip and Christ Church (Chatham County)
St. Mathew and St. Phillip (Effingham)
St. John, St. Andrew and St. James (Liberty County)
St. Paul (Richmond County).




Return to Index


FrontHistory 101Early GeorgiaAmerican IndiansSearch
WarsPeopleTimelineListsPlacesPoetry




Golden Ink
Georgia's innovative design group


Legal Notice
Privacy Policy
Copyright