Yuchi-Town is an area in present-day Fort Benning, Alabama, believed to be the only village entirely controlled by the Yuchi Indians
in the Chattahoochee River Valley. The present sites of Yuchi-Town where discovered by David Chase, an archeologist stationed at Fort Benning. There are references to Yuchi-Town in various writings, Spanish, English and American.
Initial investigation by archeologist David Chase in 1958 uncovered three burial mounds and a structure that had been burned, probably pre-Yuchi (pre-1716). Forced west, first by the Carolinians and later, the arrival of the Creek from the Chattahoochee River Valley, the Yuchi occupied a Hitchiti site given them by the Creek that remained near the Chattahoochee. Chase also uncovered a second, minor site, also on Fort Benning. Four years later, in 1962, Harold Huscher of the Smithsonian Institution venture to the site to confirm Chase's original observations. He expanded Chase's survey and found more Yuchi buildings and graves. Further excavation in 1981 returned some over five hundred sherds of shell tempered pottery resembling designs of Lamar, Abercrombie, Lawson Field and Ocmulgee Fields, indicating that the Yuchi had significant contact with other tribes prior to locating in the Chattahoochee River Valley.
It is probable, because of the high concentration of artifacts, that the Yuchi-Town described by William Bartram
is one of the towns uncovered in Russell County, Alabama